Saturday, March 29, 2008

Privateers of Caledon

In the interest of promoting good combat rp in Caledon, Sir Tele is looking for persons interested in playing Pirates, Privateers, raiding Buccaneers; and at the same time, persons who will join Sir Tele in defending certain Caledon sims against such Piratey types!

I sent out an announcement to the Loch Avie Academy of Arms, but no one responded. Yet plenty I have asked in IM are more than interested! You can play in your current avie or an alt, or both, and I was thinking of using traditional weapons (spears, swords, bows, etc.) and individual combat meters in our occasional melees, but I am open to ideas; Caledon is steampunk, after all. I do appreciate the practice it takes to get good with those kinds of weapons, however; a rapid-fire firearm is rather less intricate in its application (Tele himself keeps twin mini uzis close at hand for very bad times)...but as I said, I am open to ideas how we manage the combat.

Just think: would be able to roleplay Pirate (or noble Defender) anyplace in Caledon, an actual active raiding type person, but of course the raids themselves would have to be planned. And I need a name for those who choose to defend our fair State against the buccanneers...perhaps a branch of the Navy? I am working on that... :)

Contact me in world if you have interest. I can guarantee, this is going to be a lot of fun.

T

1 comment:

Eva Bellambi said...

*grins and pulls out her favorite pirate avi for those times when she wants to be bad* Tee Hee

Sounds like fun to me. :-)